Veritas NetBackup Storage Monitoring
In case of usage of Virtual Appliance
- Use local account lpar2rrd for hosting of STOR2RRD on the virtual appliance
- Use /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd as the product home
STOR2RRD uses REST API inteface natively provided by the Veritas NetBackup Master server to get all necessary data.
Supported is NetBackup firmware 8.2+ and 9.0+
Upgrade to STOR2RRD v7.20-1
to support NetBackup version 8.*, there was a little bug.
Allow access from the STOR2RRD host to the NetBackup Master server, by default NetBackup accepts HTTP/HTTPS requests on port 1556
$ perl /home/stor2rrd/stor2rrd/bin/conntest.pl 192.168.1.1 1556
Connection to "192.168.1.1" on port "1556" is ok
Create a storage user
Create a new user for STORRRD and assign the user to the new role.
- Log into your NetBackup Master server and create a new user for STOR2RRD.
- Log into NetBackup Web UI as administrator.
- Security ➡ RBAC ➡ Roles ➡ +Add ( select Custom role )
- After filling Role name and description go to Permissions categorie
- Assign 'View' permission for the following Global categories and objects:
- NetBackup Management:
- Event log messages
- Event log notifications
- NetBackup hosts
- Host properties
- NetBackup backup images
- Media server
- Resource limits
Trusted master servers
- Storage lifecycle policies
- Cloud storge
- Disk pools
- Storage servers
- Disk Volumes
- Storage units
- Tape media server groups
- Tape media volume pools
- Replication-capable target storage servers
- Assign the user created in the first step to the new role.
STOR2RRD storage configuration